Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ice Cream

So the homemade ice-cream minus the ice-cream maker was a hit. I made two different batches. They were both chocolate, only one had slightly more chocolate. They were both very good, but Chris and I both liked the batch with more chocolate. For some reason, it was much more creamy. I really had no clue what to expect when I decided to try this recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very easy to make and very tasty. The overall consensus was that it didn't really taste like ice-cream. I don't really know how to describe it. It was sweet and creamy with a little kick (maybe from the sour cream). If you don't like sour cream, don't let it deter you from trying this recipe. It doesn't taste like sour cream, it just gives it a little kick.


I found the recipe at another blog (fly through our window). It's such a great blog, and you should definitely check it out! Here is the link to the ice-cream recipe: Homemade Ice Cream. For the batch that I made with more chocolate, I added about 10 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment