Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dinner tonight...

For dinner tonight, we had Chicken Saltimbocca, Fettucini Alfredo, and broccoli.  I have made the Chicken Saltimbocca a few times, and while it has always been very good, it is not always very good looking.  I am finally figuring out how to make things look a little better (although the pictures do not do it justice)!

Chicken Saltimbocca w/ Gravy
6-8 thin cut slices of chicken (most stores should carry thin sliced chicken, if not, you can get thicker slices and pound them out)
6-8 slices of mozzarella (I usually buy the chunks of mozzarella and slice it myself.  It will usually take 2 pieces to cover one piece of chicken.)
6-8 slices prosciutto
Fresh sage leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1/2 c white wine
1/2 c chicken stock
Salt & Pepper

Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Lay mozzarella, followed by 2 sage leaves, and prosciutto on top of chicken.  Weave a skewer through the chicken, mozzarella, sage, and prosciutto to hold it all together.  Heat oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a pan.  When bubbling, add chicken, prosciutto side down first.  Let cook a couple of minutes, then flip.  If the chicken in very thin, it does not take very long to cook.  When all chicken is cooked, turn heat to low and add flour to pan.  Cook until tan.  Add wine and chicken stock, and reduce by half.  When reduced, remove from heat and whisk in butter.

Fettucini Alfredo
1 1/2 c heavy cream (room temperature)
6 tbsp butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
Salt
1 lb fresh fettucini

Boil salted water for pasta.  In a sauce pan, heat cream to a simmer.  Add butter and cheese.  Stir to combine.  Turn heat off.  Add cooked pasta; toss to coat.

I also made rice crispy treats tonight.  Chris is apparently going on a diet that involves no desserts, so I guess I have to eat them all by myself.  It's really unfortunate.  


Chicken Saltimbocca (like I said, it's not pretty but it tastes very good)

 A lot going on on top of the stove...

The rice crispy treats that Chris is forcing me to eat on my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment