Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fishing...

We woke up when is was still dark outside yesterday to fly back home for a few days before The Memorial in Ohio.  Of course we headed straight to Bubba's for lunch.  After lunch, we headed out to Frederica to go fishing.  It wasn't much of a fishing trip...I caught a catfish and Chris didn't catch a thing!  It was a beautiful boat ride though...
 Captain Kirk...driving the boat with his toes.
 Beautiful views...




For dinner, I tried out a new pasta dish.  It was delicious, and I know I always say this, but really easy!
Awesome Easy Pasta
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 jalapeno
1 green bell pepper
1 package sliced portabello mushrooms
2 tbsp fresh oregano (finely chopped)
5 slices bacon
2 cans diced tomatoes 
2 tbsp butter
linguine 
parmesan cheese

Cook bacon.  When finished, put aside.  Reserve some of the bacon grease in the pan to cook vegetables.  Add garlic, shallots, jalapeno, bell pepper, mushrooms, and oregano to the bacon grease on med-lo heat.  Cook for about 5 minutes.  Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes (with juice) to the vegetables.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes.  While sauce simmers, cook pasta (I used spinach linguine and it was great).  Drain pasta, put into a bowl.  Add butter to the noodles, and stir to coat.  Add sauce to noodles.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Just another picture of bacon frying...I think I've had about 5 of these on here already.


Yummy!
Cheese Bread
Chris loves champagne with peach flavoring.  It cracks me up because it seems like such a girly thing to drink (yet, I don't like it at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment