Saturday, May 14, 2011

I've been out of touch for the last few days because I've had no internet access. It is always so hard to be without internet. It's crazy how dependent I've become on technology! We are back at home after being in Jacksonville for The Players for a couple of days. On Monday we head off for 3 weeks. We were exposed to a lot of wildlife in our week at Jacksonville. The condo we stayed in backed right up to a lake. Chris immediately went out and bought fishing poles, unfortunately the fish were not biting. I think it had something to do with the surplus of softshell turtles and alligators. If you have never seen a softshell turtle, google it. They are crazy looking! After fishing for a couple of days without so much as a bite, on Friday Chris finally caught a catfish. As he was dangling it over the water after he reeled it in, one of the turtles reached up and swallowed it whole. That really put a stop to the fishing!
Florida Softshell Turtle

This little gator swam right up to the dock one day. He was very curious and hung out with me for a while before Chris scared him off!

I also want to share a recipe. These are the pancakes that my dad and stepmom make. They are super easy and so good! I made them for Chris for the first time on his birthday, and then again the next morning.

Pancakes
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 stick butter (melted)
1 small palm full baking soda
(I added a little vanilla, but that's optional. Also adding blueberries, bananas, etc. is an option)

Mix all ingredients together. I have a griddle that I cook them on (usually around 375 degrees), but a pan will work also. Flip when they start bubbling up and start getting firmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment